Kobciye is an incubation program run by iRise Hub that aims to tap into the diversity of local entrepreneurs to mentor and support their growth in order to create sustainable and scalable businesses in Somalia. Across Somalia, there is growing yearning for young innovators and entrepreneurs to access peer networks and top-tier capacity building mentorship.
Kobciye is tailored incubation program that is well crafted, steeped in Somali’s marketplace, and designed to help earlier stage startups to accelerate their growth and transform into successful companies. Therefore, iRise is the perfect space for innovators seeking a dynamic learning experience, but lack necessary resources both in information and skills. Since its inception in 2017, iRise Hub has been at the forefront of organizing and building growing digital technology community in Somalia with growing tech entrepreneurs. iRise has managed several initiatives that catalyzed the growth of the community through developing and connecting people, supporting startups, and facilitating knowledge exchange, gathering and empowering pool of coders and developers.
Kobciye incubation programme will bolster their journey through access to resources, facilities as well as customized training and mentorship that develop their business acumen and entrepreneurial and technical skills. It will include a curriculum of general and sector-specific modules for startups and entrepreneurs at different stages of their journey. The incubation programme leverages iRise’s extensive experience and knowledge in support of entrepreneurs.
Kobciye provides 6-month incubation program broken down into two phases. The first 3 months will cover product development and the next 3 months will be business development. This will allow entrepreneurs to move initially from the idea stage to the business enterprise. Successful candidates should be able to classify and specify the problem they are trying to solve, and business model they are trying to build. They will analyze using the Lean Model Canvas, the elements, solutions, and alternatives to take into account for the development of their activities. It will also be a question of understanding the market, the customers, to arrive at the establishment of profitable economic models for their startups.
Benefits from Kobciye Incubation Program
- Business development services including legal services and human resources.
- Robust training sessions;
- Accompaniment of mentors;
- Validation of their business idea and scaling it to the next level;
- Access to iRise Hub resources and facilities.
- Secure state-of-the-art office space with reliable internet and electricity
- Access to investors and business partners
- Diverse strong team and knowledgeable co-founders with good technical and business skills
- Have a well-validated idea or, may already have an MVP (minimal viable product)
- Strong product market fit product
- Be passionate and hardworking
- Be self-starting
- Possess an interest in technology (not necessary to be a technologist)
Startups will complete a comprehensive application and will be selected through a fair, but competitive process
- Be willing to reside and work from iRise Hub where incubation and training take place.
- Potential startups will be required to select the stage they are in (Idea, Pre-Launch/Minimum Viable Product/Prototype, Launch, Early Stage (Pre Revenue or Post Revenue), Growth Stage or Scale), and areas they need the most help in.
Apply now to join our first incubation programme using this link: Kobciye
Application deadline is 20th February 2018.
For more information and queries send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org